Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Verdict


I know I'm a little late, I also don't care. I saw Eclipse last night, and I'm here to give a review.
I'll sum it up:
Thumbs Up: Abs, less paleness, more plot, action, legit looking stares, a few songs on the soundtrack (Bat for Lashes+Beck, yes please!), back stories, Riley, new Victoria, better acting, beautiful scenery, improved CGI, Charlie, glass breaking sound when vampires die, humongous diamond ring
Thumbs Down: Jasper's southern accent, lack of appropriate song placement, scarcity of yellow Porsche, acting, weird nub left after werewolf bites off Riley's hand, TOO MUCH SERIOUSNESS (lighten up, guys)

All in all, it was worth a $10 ticket.

There's steady improvement in all 3 installments, so this one is clearly the best. I'm still hung up on the soundtrack, though. New Moon's songs MADE the movie by creating a mood that everyone felt. The Eclipse soundtrack has some killer tracks, I just think they could have been implemented better onscreen.
Also, WHY IS EVERYONE SO SERIOUS? I like to think that I have a pretty good sense of humor. I like to think no one in these movies does. Jacob tries. Hard. Too hard, to be funny. His quips are repetitive and get old reallll fast. Edward is incapable of making a joke. Or smiling. Bella is subtly dry. Very subtly dry though, you have to watch and listen for her blips of witty cynicism. Eclipse is my fave book because I think it has the most upbeat feel. Sure, sure, an army of bloodthirsty vampires created by her one true enemy is after Bella, but she's got 2 gorgeous guys fighting over her! She's relatively happy!
I loved New Moon for its ability to make me feel as sad as Bella, and then as happy. With Eclipse, I felt... like me. I wasn't fully transported to Forks. I did enjoy watching it, though.
P.S.: I'll be listening to Jonathan Low by Vampire Weekend, my favorite track from the soundtrack. So you should, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LABnIOeW-NY
^Vampire Weekend's Jonathan Low on YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment