Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, July 30, 2010

Beauty Blogging

I stalk Glamour.com.

Whew, glad that's off my chest, readers! Their GirlsInTheBeautyDept. blog totally inspires me. So I thought I'd let you guys in on my beauty prep for school. Yayz?

A back to school manicure is very, very important. At least in my book. I'll be heading over to see my Asians at Lisa's Nails for mine, but it's totally do-able at home! I am just super unskilled with polishing my own hands. Color wise, neons are big in summer (I've worn OPI shades Russian Navy and Pretty in Pink) and earth tones in fall (Preview: Essie's Pretty Edgy!), and the best way to handle the transition season is by using an in between color. Blue is best! This mauve-y blue ( is understated but unexpected. It's a great hue! And it looks really polished and not too kitschy. Above Shade is Essie's Barbados Blue.




I've gotten really into green eyeshadow as of late. Thanks, girls at Ulta for my fab makeup lesson that introduced me to my perfect shade!! A deep green and golden-brown combo (think the color palette in the Twilight movies...) accentuates my brown eyes and peaches-and-cream skin tone. I use a smudgy brown liner on top and bottom, a thin line of green (this is UltaShadow in Shamrock, the actual color I use!) starting at the lash line, and continuing above the line I created with the brown liner. Then I sweep UltaShadow in Safari over my whole lid. Of course, I finish with black mascara.


Guys, a lot of you know that I am a Dior makeup fanatic, and I'm a super big fan of their nude shade, Pink Empress, shown above. If you read my post about celebs baring it all, then you know understated is in. I'm trading my classic Dior Addict Pink Lust lips for nude. It's super casual, so its good for school, too! Yay. What's important for nude lips, though, guys, is trying out the shade on your own lips. Balance out pink lips with a cool beige, and balance out pale lips with a yellow beige. Not all nudes are created equally.

So yesterday my official back to school beauty prep began with waxing. Ouch. But now, the fun, and pain free parts begin! I'll be gettin' ready guys! So you should too.

2 comments:

  1. Celia! This is Brantley. I'm trying to get into my make-up groove for college too!! yee. When you went to Ulta, how much did it cost for the girls to do your make-up? and how long did it take? I really wanna go and see what they can do to spice up my bland make-up routine, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it was free. I'm not forkin over money for high school drop outs without a real cosmetology degree to put expensive stuff on my face. But it was most definitely helpful!

    ReplyDelete