Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, September 13, 2010

Wax On, Wax Off

Guys, let's talk about the importance of a good eyebrow wax.

I'm not totally thorough in my eyebrow grooming, and it's a trait I deplore in myself, believe me. I have normal hygiene habits and I'm not Eastern European (although I sometimes wish I was-- year round tan!) so there is no excuse for me to have unkempt brows. Shame on me.

Anyways, I finally got around to getting them done the other day. Sweet.
I've tried a lot of different styles, based on lotsa different magazine articles. Arched, rounded, thick, thin, I never found a shape that really worked for my face, which is rather wonky shaped.
Dun-dun-da-da! Sophia. Sophia is Eastern European, so she knows a thing or two about facial hair grooming, and she did the best job. My eyebrows now complement but don't overwhelm my face, they are shaped but not gaudy, and they are appropriately centered. When I first came to her over the summer with a friend, my brows were over plucked and she did the best she could. But now, after looking like a jungle resident for a couple months letting them grow out, they're fab!

A good eyebrow wax can make a huge difference in appearance. It's not something that's noticed, it just gives off a more polished, put together look. It makes it easier to pull of a no-makeup look.
*This is not to say that all waxing must be done at Sophia's European Day Spa on Woodley Rd. (though I highly recommend it!). Home wax kits are readily available at drug stores, and if you can do your own, more power to ya.

That's all.
NOW I'LL GO READ THE BEST BOOK EVER-- TRUE PREP!!!

So you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment