Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, November 1, 2010

I'll think about that tomorrow.

Let's get somethin' straight, people.

There's been some talk about me hating the good ole South.

ok. guilty as charged on some occasions.


Though I might grow tired once in a while of 100+ temps and lack of activity in Motown, it's still the place I call home.

So here ya go: some bonafide Southern stuff I love.

This. Movie. 
Real talk: read it cover-to-cover in sixth grade. If I wasn't Meredith Grey, I'd be Scarlett O'Hara. 

NOLA. Future home? Mabes. Favorite city? Ohhhh yeah. 

Ain't nothin' like it nowhere.
Sorry, Dreamland BBQ. I know I stole your slogan. But it expressed my love for red velvet cake just right. 
PS I don't eat meat, but you're still cool. Bye!

"All things in moderation." -Plato (?) 
applies to my parrothead-ness. In June, I suddenly know all the words to "Margaritaville" again.

Billy Reid's clothes. He's from Bama.
PS- this dress is called the "Scout"; see below.

MY DOGS.
We've got a Southern literary thing goin' on: Scout {TKAMB. duhhh.} and Stella {Streetcar Named Desire ref. Anyone??} 
I've got some names picked out for prospective pups as well:
1. Tennessee Williams. He's from my daddy's hometown! Shout out, Columbus, MS!
2. Twain. But this kinda has a weird ring.
3. Welty. LOVE.
4. Scarlett. See above.
5. Sebastian. Again with the Tennessee Williams. Suddenly, Last Summer. Come on, people. 

And I'm out of ideas............


Good enough? I think so.
I'll be flippin' through Southern Living. 
So you should too.




No comments:

Post a Comment